Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Brr!

I've been slightly MIA on the blog for a few weeks, but I'm back again.

Michael and I went to the parents house for Thanksgiving and it was nice to be unplugged for awhile.  My mom and I cooked a very delicious Thanksgiving feast and enjoyed leftovers all weekend.  Unfortunately I didn't take too many photos of the weekend :-/ I was (and still am) feeling a bit under the weather, so that's my excuse.  I didn't go shopping on Black Friday, but I did go out on Saturday night and still got some great deals (thank you Kohl's!). I bought a few new Christmas decorations in an attempt to get into the Christmas spirit.  I'm not being Scrooge-like on purpose, but when I have a countdown to Florida going (22 days!), it's a bit hard to feel Christmas-y since I will be spending Christmas on the beach.




The forecast is calling for snow tonight so perhaps a dusting will put me more in the holiday mood? Hope so!
Anyway, this coming weekend will be dedicated to putting up the tree and decorating.  Here are a few of my favorite Christmas decoration ideas for this season:

A creative way to display your Christmas cards.


Spruce up your front door handle:



Another use for Christmas lights:



I wish I could turn my entryway into this:

buffet table decorated

Happy holiday decorating everyone.

p.s. if you like Etsy, check out this site I discovered this morning. Very fun browsing!

No comments: